Saturday, February 4

Roasted Aubergine soup


It is still chilly out there. I am sitting in the car, waiting for my hubby who decided to take a sun-bed, certainly a good idea, but I have a better one - a bookshop!
Just enough time to look for something to warm my heart. Italian, hm, Casa Moro, definitely on my list, ...oh, look, everybody has been talking about the Falling Cloudberries, it looks a treat... Aah, SOUPS. Bingo! This is exactly what I had in mind for this weather. Little book, every recipe with a picture, a world collection of classic favourites and exotic flavours too. I am so happy, lalalala, eagerly holding up the book in front of the cashier. I pay (pure £5.99) - what a bargain, and run back to the car to catch a glimpse before my hubby jumps in. I slide the book under the seat as I promised no more books for a while... But I have only started! Building.. ! A library!

Roasted Aubergine soup
Ingredients:
2 large aubergines (halved, drizzled with olive oil, baked until flesh is soft)
1 onion + 2 garlic cloves - sauteed on a small heat until soft.
Scoop out the aubergine flesh and add to the onion. Sautee a little to get the flavour in.
Add 2 pints of vegetable stock.
Process in a blender.
Decorate with creme fraishe with mint and a little cream and drizzle a swirl on top of the hot soup in a bowl.

I would like to add that this is my favourite at the moment. (with one drop of tabasco)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Ivonne said...

Aren't books the very best comfort of all?

This soup sounds lovely and I think I will try it this week. I haved an aubergine in the refrigerator and I just made some creme fraiche today with some heavy cream and buttermilk. Thanks for the idea, Dreska!

By the way, the drawing is lovely!

4:35 am  
Blogger Betul said...

Lovely recipe.I can imagine the taste easily because we have similar soup in turkish cuisine.It has a smoky flavour because we grill whole aubergines with their skin on, then scoop out the flesh.It is a soup version of very famous sauce "Hunkar Begendi".

6:06 pm  
Blogger shelbalah said...

yummmm...this sounds lovely and heart warming just as you describe...love you blog. stop over and say hello !

10:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

had cut up the aubergine into pieces before i read the recipe- so put them in roasting dish with other ingredients & added ham also for a more substantial meal..... here goes!! :-)
Orla

8:14 pm  
Blogger mr.sound and mrs.sound said...

I see that you’re interested and fascinated in food stuffs. You see, we have this food site Foodista.com that is a food and cooking encyclopaedia that everyone and anyone can edit. Maybe you are interested in sharing some of recipes to us or share your knowledge about food stuffs and techniques. Not only that you help us and other people in tasting new recipes but your submitted recipes will be raffled. You will have a chance to win $100 gift card to Sur La Table by just sharing your recipes to all. One entry per recipe, the more you submit recipes the better your chances. Click HERE for more info about the drawing. Or maybe you can try our link back system at Foodista an easy way to get link backs between two food related sites, if you’re not into sharing your recipes or knowledge. Enjoy and see you there!

5:23 am  
Blogger Salaminko said...

Hi,

I became a fan of aubergines, so I found your receipe for soup which sounds so tasty!!! I will try to make one today!

1:33 pm  
Anonymous www.orense-3d.com said...

So, I do not really think this will work.

7:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

online
Online Dating