Monday, February 6

I am 1 today!


I have been preparing for this day for a while now and I have nearly missed it!

I have looked back at my first posts, where I see such enthusiasm and excitement that I was coloring the sentences. I am missing it, so I will start it again.

Today is the day when I am going to tell you about how I chose the title for my blog.
Around the same time when I started my blog, one of my friends moved to Prague and I decided to send him a 'welcome to a new home' parcel which included little cakes you can buy here in UK, called - Little Fancies (see the pic). They come in 3 colours and flavours: lemon, strawberry and chocolate, six pieces in a box. You pick a cake according to what flavour you fancy. I thought it was a sweet name for a blog. You can write about your own and other fancy food. I was very proud of it, and so started posting in colour, inspired by these little cakes(and of course, by Clotilde from Chocolate and Zucchini). My writing could be better but we all have different talents. (I try my best)
So I am one today! I hope Little Fancies will interest you and bring you who read it a little sunshine on a rainy day.

Dreska.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Melissa said...

Hi Dreska, happy blog birthday! You have a lovely (and colorful!) blog here, and I adore your illustrations - do you do them by hand?

8:17 pm  
Anonymous Tania said...

Congratulations, Dreska, and thanks for sharing that sweet story about your blog's name. As I have just discovered "Little Fancies" recently, I have a year's worth of catch-up reading to do!

10:27 pm  
Blogger Andrea said...

Dear Melissa - thank you so much. Yes, I do them by hand on mspaint. So glad you like them.
Dear Tania - hope you like the recipes. They are the better part..(i want to be a better writer, but still have to study English loads more)

11:15 pm  
Anonymous GastroChick said...

Hi dreska

Are you referring to Fondant fancies, I remember them from my childhood they are soo pretty, can you still buy them?

1:01 pm  
Blogger Andrea said...

Gastrochick - yeah, that's it! Fondant fancies! I think Mr. Kipling produces them. You can still get them.

12:15 am  
Anonymous Ivonne said...

Buon compleano, Dreska!

Congratulations on making your first year of blogging and doing such an incredible job.

Your joy and wonder with cooking are so evident. And as always your illustrations are beautiful!

4:11 am  
Blogger Andrea said...

Ivonne - thank you very much! I do miss my digi camera though..

8:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

online
Online Dating